Tuesday, December 1, 2009

argument paper

I was in my jeep on a summer evening. I enjoy having the top off and doors. I was stopped at a red light and I flipped on my bright lights on accidentally. The man in the car in front of me got upset, got out of his car coming toward me yelling and cussing up a storm. This guy was huge. My mind started thinking about how just seconds ago my dad and I watched the news telling of a man who was in his jeep and was shot because he didn’t give his jeep to the man. Think that I needed to protect myself I grabbed my pepper mace from my purse. Think oh this will be good if he’s on drugs I can just tick him off more, I could just run him over, I could drive through the light and get in a car accident or I could honk the horn scream as loud as I could bringing as much attention to the situation as I could. Being in this situation made me feel incredibly small and vulnerable. From then on have wanted to have a carry permit. Just in case, I need to defend myself or others that I love. Giving away the right to bear arms not only takes your gun’s but also your life, ability to resist tertiary and freedom.



You can save your life by carrying a gun with you. In the book Guns in the United States it told how in some instances having a gun helped protect the innocent. An intruder entered a woman’s house and chocked her. She fell quickly to the floor and pulled a shotgun out from under her couch, scaring the intruder away.
I read on the Internet a quote from Admiral Yamamoto “You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.” The Japanese realized that we where packing and any one at that time would have shot and killed them on the spot.



You have the ability to resist tertiary with the help of a gun. James Burgh was a British Author who wrote Political Disquisitions said, “ The possession of arms is the distinction between a free man and a slave.” The revolver was known as a peacemaker it was and is an equalizer. If you have a big man and a small man fight, the big man has a better chance than the small man does. However, a gun kills a big man and a small man in the same amount of time.


From Europe’s mistake, we hopefully learned that when the gun’s were taken away the people of Europe had no way to fight back effectively. The people of Europe became slaves of fear because they had let themselves become that. They could only stand by and watch the great destruction happen. They had given up their power as a people, their freedom and became slaves.


In history we can look back and see how giving the guns up was the biggest mistake Europe made. Hitler said “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.” Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitler's Table Talk 1941-44: His Private Conversations, Second Edition (1973), Pg. 425-426. Translated by Norman Cameron and R. H. Stevens. Even Hitler got the point that once you have control over gun’s the people have no power. They must wait for someone to come to their aid.


You are at the mercy of someone else when you are unable to defend yourself. Roosevelt said, “ Speak softly and carry a big stick”. What Roosevelt was saying was protect yourself but don’t provoke it. With a carry permit you are only suppose to pull it out when you are going to use it. Your not suppose to have it in sight or provoke people with it.


No one is with you all the time but you. You can’t always depend on police officers,
or others for your safety. You have to stand up for yourself and defend yourself. Because most of the time when scary situations don’t happen it’s not with a lot of people standing around you. You are usually by yourself when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment